I am part of the issue, we all are.
Stopping in the gasoline station feels dreadful. Yes, this specific spill is BP’s mistake, however boycotting BP and placing Auto Transport Texas cash in a different large Oil-stained pocket only makes me feel dumb and helpless, like a pawn in a game that I do not need to play with.
My lifestyle depends on having the ability to drive.
There are things we could do today, even though we are not quite prepared to convert into bio-diesel or even get a new hybrid car.
Let us do so, team.
- Auto transporting. In my frustration with auto culture, I believed those giants that you see hauling automobiles on the street has to be the worst offenders, but it is the other way round. If you’re moving across the nation, let your vehicle carpool. The Department of Energy site did these mathematics:
1 gallon of gas produces 19.564 pounds of carbon dioxide.
1 gallon of gas generates 22.384 lbs of carbon dioxide. Normal mpg for a car transport truck is 4.7.
Only 1 auto transporting company transport over 90,000 vehicles inside a 12-month time period conserves 2,926,000 gallons of gas, so a 38,216,000-pound decrease in greenhouse gases emitted to the air.
- Carpool. Since most days, we are moving across the nation, we are just going to get the job done. We all know about this particular one, we have obtained the HOV lanes. So what is stopping us from carpooling? Shyness? Laziness? It is time to get over these items and produce ride-sharing networks occur.
- Consolidate your trips by simply planning ahead a bit. Keep grocery lists about the refrigerator and add them every day. Be strategic and only a bit less frivolous.
- Drive slower. I know that it’s not hot, but it conserves gas.
- Clean out your back. The lighter the vehicle, the gas it uses. (So perhaps go on a diet, also?)
- Do not clean your vehicle. Washing your car uses a lot of water, power, and electricity. Be dirtier.
- But do it if you are already in the gasoline station, do not make an excess trip! When you are prepared for brand new tires, start looking for a model with reduced rolling resistance.
And remember, should you ever do depart the suburbs to get a farmstead or a town where everybody walks, do not drive there. Let your vehicle hitch a ride with a car hauling business, and also take the train.
Next PagePrevious Page